Donations That We Accept
The page contains a list of the items the Middlesex Habitat for Humanity ReStore accepts and items we cannot accept. If you don’t see your item listed or if you have questions, please call the store at (860) 788-6483.
Appliances – no older than 10 years
Dishwashers w/lead free certification mark (no older than 5 yrs), Range Tops, Ovens, Microwaves (no older than 5 yrs), Washing Machines, Dryers, Refrigerators, Range Hoods, Water heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners.
Sofas*, Chairs* (living room, office, recliner, etc.), Tables (dining room, side), Dressers, Bedframes, Coffee/End Tables, Filing cabinets, Bookshelves.
*Upholstered furniture cannot have any stains, tears, or pet damage.
Building Materials (preferably new)
Doors (in frame), Plywood, Insulation, Unused Lumber, Trim, Brick/block, Fencing
Kitchen Cabinets, Bathroom Cabinets, Countertops – only with cabinets, unless they are granite countertops.
Lighting (must work!)
Hanging Chandeliers, Floor/Table Lamps, Lamp shades in good condition, Track Lighting.
Hinges, Cabinet knobs, Door knobs/deadbolts, Electrical Hardware, Plumbing Hardware.
[We will only take pipes, fittings, and fixtures that may provide water for human consumption (drinking, teeth brushing, food preparation) if it has a lead-free certification mark] Toilets (low flow only), Sinks/Faucets, Tubs, Pipes.
Tile (no broken pieces), Linoleum (new only), Carpet (new or gently used, minimum room-size, no small pieces unless carpet tiles), Wood, Area rugs (new or gently used). No flooring from China or from Lumber Liquidators will be accepted for donation.
Wood or vinyl, casement or double hung*, double pane only, with all hardware intact, New construction or replacement type, Picture, Bay (complete with all sashes).
*All windows must be aluminum clad or vinyl replacement only. No broken glass or fogging.
Items we cannot accept
- Acoustic ceiling panels
- Appliances: Refrigerator, Freezer, Dehumidifier, Air Conditioners > 5years or older; any with Freon
- Automotive Parts
- Bedding/mattresses/crib mattresses/day beds (except bed frames)
- Bookcase Headboards
- Bricks, blocks, stone if broken and less than 25 sq ft
- Carpet – worn, badly used
- Used Carpet padding
- Ceramic Sinks (Unless with pedestal)
- Computers and computer accessories
- Console televisions
- Desks-metal or pressboard
- Entertainment Centers
- Exercise equipment
- Fencing materials (used)
- Fireplace inserts
- Flooring from China
- Flooring from Lumber Liquidators
- Fluorescent fixtures (used)
- Garage doors
- Hazardous materials (including paint thinner, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, strippers, etc.)
- Medical Equipment
- Mirrors without frames
- No broken bricks, blocks, tile, stone, etc.
- “Scrap” lumber
- Sewing Machines
- Galvanized Storm windows/doors
- Un-useable or badly stained or damaged furniture
- Water heaters (unless it is new and has a lead-free certification mark)
- Window coverings (blinds, drapes)
- Wood stepladders