A Brush With Kindness »
|Habitat for Humanity International is a Christian organization and welcomes volunteers from all faiths who are committed to Habitat's goal of eliminating poverty housing.|Interest Form
A BRUSH WITH KINDNESS PROGRAM (ABWK)
Dear Applicant/Co-Applicant (homeowner/co-homeowner):
In order to apply, you must meet the following minimum standards:
1. You must own your own home in Middlesex County, and provide proof of ownership.
2. You must reside in that home and provide proof of residence.
3. You must meet the following income guidelines and provide documentation.
Please locate the municipality that you live in from the tables below to determine whether you fall within the 25-60% Median Income range established for the program. If your income falls below the guideline for the number of people in your family, please indicate income on your application.
4. You must show ability to pay back the full cost of construction related costs or a percentage of the
project costs as determined by Middlesex Habitat for Humanity, inc. - if unable, please explain the reasons why.
5. You must be willing to complete a set number of sweat equity hours dependent on the repair project -
if difficult or impossible because of health issues, family and friends may assist.
6. The Applicant/Co-Applicant must have an acceptable credit report history.
7. The Applicant/Co-Applicant as well any adult resident of the home over the age of 18 years must not be listed
on the Connecticut Sex Offender Registry or similar national registry as may be available. This policy is in place as it is considered reasonable and necessary for protection of staff and volunteers in light of the nature of the services offered.
8. The Applicant/Co-Applicant must be willing to partner with Middlesex Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
If you meet the initial requirements above, please complete the ABWK Interest Form provided and I will be back to you soon. If the material provided in the ABWK Interest form meets Habitat criteria, you will be asked to complete the Phase I Application meets all Middlesex Habitat for Humanity, Inc. criteria and the repair project is within our resources, your application will be considered and reviewed with the other qualifying applications. If accepted, you will be asked to complete ABWK Phase II Application and provide all of the documentation as requested.
Please note that members of the Family Services and Building ABWK Subcommittees will make appointments to meet with you in your house to review the project request and to assess need. If you have any questions, please contact me weekdays between 10:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. at the telephone number below or by email at [ email ]. Thank you for your interest in the A Brush With Kindness program. If you have questions, please call me at 860-398-6485.
Sarah J. Bird
Please fill out the interest form below:
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, or sources of income.
Applicant Meeting Information
Click here to view MHFH Fair Housing Policy